Greetings! Daisy and Harley’s Mom, Parker’s Mom, and Fin’s Mom have done the Mommy Meme recently. It was so much fun to learn about their mommies, that the Furry Bambinos decided to let me play too. Here are the rules:
(a) post 7 facts about yourself AND photos OR
(b) post 10 facts about yourself with no photos, OR
(c) post a childhood picture of yourself.
Since I am the type of person who likes to bend the rules when it makes sense to do so, here are some facts about myself, and some photos.
1. I grew up in Pittsburgh PA, City of Champions!! Go Steelers!! Go Pens!! (I’m not a baseball fan.)
2. I have always been a geek, even before it was cool to say that. (It’s probably still not cool, and I am so uncool that I don’t know that.) In the third grade, I alphabetized my books by author’s last name, and have done so ever since. Growing up, I was inspired by Marie Curie, and wanted to be a scientist like her. I love science shows like NOVA and things on the Discovery Channel. MythBusters rocks! This photo is from my First Communion. That’s my Aunt Stell with me. Below that is a photo of my family.
3. I went to high school and college in the 80’s, era of big hair, cool alternative music, and ugly clothes. To this day, I still feel pressure to match my socks to my sweater or shirt. Below are my high graduation photo, with my parents at high school grad party, and senior prom photo (I’m the short one in the bright blue).
4. I went to college at Case Western Reserve University. No, it’s NOT a military school. I changed majors from biomedical engineering to BS chemistry after the first two years.
5. While in college, I volunteered at the college radio station. I got my FCC license to do a radio show before I got my driver’s license.
6. I live in enemy territory (see fact 1) because I met this really nice guy through the college radio station (see facts 4 and 5). After graduation, I stayed in town because he was here. We dated for seven years before getting married. We have been married for almost thirteen years. (Yes, that is a real waterfall, not a studio backdrop.)
7. I work as a Data Manager at a university. What that means is I design databases and data entry screens for medical research studies. I also prepare data sets for statisticians to analyze.
8. The people I supervise at work think I’m sooooo old. “Wow, you were alive for the first Moon Landing!” This is with my sister, brother, and Dad. I’m a firstborn, so I’m the tallest child in the photo.
9) I love to garden. However, living in northeast O-Hi-O, the gardening season is quite short, so I have to maximize every opportunity during the non-snow months of June, July, August, and September. If the Bambinos let me, I will do a separate post about my garden.
10) I volunteer for a local animal rescue group called PAWS (Public Animal Welfare Society). A few months after adopting The Furry Bambinos, who had been in the PAWS foster system, my husband and I began volunteering at events. Now he does transports (transporting woofies and kittehs to and from the V-E-T, to and from PetSmart locations, etc.), and we are fostering two kittens, Cookie and Caramel.
This has been a lot of fun! I would like to tag the following Mommies:
Everyone, please play along if you are so inspired!